Celebrating the 35th Anniversary of the
Massachusetts/New Hampshire Chapter of the Alzheimer's Association
Tuesday, March 31st, 2015 – Free and open to the public
to register online.
Join us for a discussion of advances in Alzheimer's research since the 1980 founding of Alzheimer's Association, MA/NH Chapter; and see where science is headed through the Association's Research Grant program — are we close to a cure?
The evening's program will feature conversations with leading researchers, all past grant recipients, about progress made in several topic areas, including psychosocial and behavioral research, the evolution of biomarkers, advances in clinical trials, and potential new drug targets.
2015 Spring Research Forum Program Chair:
Brad Dickerson, MD, MMSc
(MGH, Harvard Medical School)
Maria C. Carrillo, PhD
(Chief Science Officer,
National Alzheimer's Association)
- John Growdon, MD (Founding Director, MA Alzheimer's Disease Research Center and Memory & Movement Disorder Unit, MGH;Professor, Harvard Medical School)
- Ann Hurley, RN, DNSc (Medical & Scientific Committee Member, Alzheimer's Association MA/NH Chapter)
- Dennis Selkoe, MD (Vincent and Stella Coates Professor of Neurologic Diseases, Harvard Medical School; Co-Director, Center for Neurologic Diseases, Brigham & Women's)
- Reisa Sperling, MD, MMSc (Director, Center for Alzheimer's Research and Treatment: Co-Director Neuroimaging Core, MA Alzheimer's Disease Center; Professor Harvard Medical School)
- Benjamin Wolozin, MD, PhD (Professor, Boston University School of Medicine; Primary Investigator, Boston University Alzheimer's Disease Center)
- Bruce Yankner, MD, PhD (Professor, Genetics & Neurology, Harvard Medical School)
Moderators and Medical & Scientific Committee Members
- Sanford Auerbach, MD (Director of Behavioral Neurology BMC; Director Sleep Disorder Center BMC; Associate Professor of Neurology and Psychiatry at Boston University Medical School)
- Deborah Blacker, MD, SCD (Professor, Harvard School of Public Health, Harvard Medical School; Director, Gerontology Research Unit, MGH; Psychiatrist, MA Alzheimer's Disease Research Center)
- Brad Dickerson, MD, MMSc (Director, Frontotemporal Dementia Unit and Neuroimaging Group, Gerontology Research Unit, MGH; Professor, Harvard Medical School; Medical & Scientific Committee Member, Alzheimer's Association MA/NH Chapter)
- Brent Forester, MD, MSc (Director, Mood Disorders Division, Geriatric Psychiatry Research program and Site Director, Harvard Medical School Psychiatry Core Clerkship, McLean Hospital; Assistant Professor of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School).
Tuesday, March 31st, 2015
The Westin Waltham Hotel
70 Third Avenue, Waltham, MA
Route I-95/128, Exit 27A, Third Avenue/Totten Pond Road
Complimentary parking in garage
Free and open to the public. Click HERE to register online.